Every week, pastry amateurs endeavour to produce traditional cake recipes. Every recipe is explained by the historian Segolène Lefevre, Killien Stengel, Philippe Conticini and Frank Lacroix, Chief Editor of the Pastry Journal.
Every programme contains a number of tests to be performed by candidates under timed conditions:
-The signature test: consists of producing a homemade recipe, but on a given theme.
-The technical test: each candidate has to produce a French Pastry classic, following a step by step the recipe supplied by Mercotte. BUT, some of the recipe details have been omitted to permit the jury to assess the skills and knowledge of the competitors. The jury give their assessment following a blind tasting.
-The creative test: the candidates imagine a recipe on a given theme. Creativity and Aesthetics will be judged. For this test, a celebrity will be invited, different for each programme, he will join the jury. At the end of the test, the jury will name the best baker of the week.
-The “carte blanche” (also known as the catching up session): This test reviews the classics of French pastry where they have to use a number of ingredients placed before them. At the end of this test, the jury will assess which candidates stay on the competition.
- Airing Time : Season 1 from November 26th to December 17th 2012
- Season 8 : September 11, 2019
- Season 7 : September 12, 2018
- Season 6 : October 17, 2017
- Season 5 : October 12, 2016
- Season 4 : October 14, 2015.
- Season 3 : October 8, 2014
- Season 2 : October 28, 2013
- Season 1 : November 26, 2012.
- Broadcasting Channel : M6
- Presenter : Faustine Bollaert, Cyril Lignac and Jacqueline Mercolli dite « Mercotte »
- Producer : Kitchen Factory Productions, BBC
- Format : 90 minutes